Green Industry Information
The green industry is diverse and abounds with learning opportunities for professonal development. Regionally, the Hort Co-op of Metro St. Louis and it's four member organizations (Landscape and Nursery Association of Greater St. Louis, St. Louis Arborists Association, Gateway Professional Horticulturists Association and Greater St. Louis Flower Growers Association) offer a variety of educational programs and events.
Links to effective green industry organizations of the Gateway region are as follows:
- Hort Co-op of Metro St. Louis: Sharing knowledge since 1995.
- Landscape and Nursery Association of Greater St. Louis: Serving to lead the cooperative exchange of resposnsible knowledge and beneficial information intended to achieve landscape and garden excellence in the Gateway region since 1933.
- St. Louis Arborists Association: Improving the practice of tree preservation, stimulating a greater interest in the planting and preservation of ornamental trees, cooperating in the conservation of trees and in the beautification of the landscape, initiating and fostering scientific investigation into insect and disease problems of the region's trees, disseminating information, instruction and knowledge to the public concerning tree preservation, securing better cooperation among arborists, to adopt all standards established by the National Arborist Association (also known as the Tree Care Industry Association) and insuring all members adhere to these pruning standards since 1956
- Gateway Professional Horticulturists Association: Encouraging an exchange of ideas among professional horticulturists in the St. Louis area to inform and educate its members and to promote quality and professionalism in the horticultural field since 1991.
- Missouri Landscape and Nursery Association: The preeminent Green Industry organization providing education, networking opportunities and communication for the Green Industry professional through membership and certification while promoting professionalism, integrity, environmental stewardship and a positive image to the general public.
- Missouri Turf and Ornamental Council: A non-profit professional organization of allied associations designed to provide a unified voice for leadership, professionalism and ethic, uncompromising quality, and support to the various inter-disciplinary businesses of Missouri's Green Industry.
National Nursery Products - St. Louis is a proud member of these professional trade organizations: